Firmware installation instructions
Checking your firmware version
Prior to installing firmware, you should check your current version in the display's UiQ on-screen menu by pressing the gear icon button on the UiQ Home screen, the front panel keypad on the display, or on your L-series remote control unit. Once the side panel appears, tap the About menu tile, and check the Firmware Version section.
Over-the-air (OTA) updates
- Connect the display to the network via:
- Ethernet/CAT5 (preferred)
- USB WiFi module
OTA update process
1. When a new firmware is pushed from our servers to the internet, you'll see "Update Available" on the Update System button - tap it to access the download page, where you can install firmware and Release Notes.
2. Tap "Download & Apply Update," if you wish to upgrade your unit's firmware. Another prompt will appear, tap Install to begin the update.
3. Your display will reboot automatically once the update is finished - DO NOT press the power button until after the unit reboots into a usable condition.
4. Run a Factory Reset from the About menu once the update is complete (see below); you should also notice your Firmware Version has changed.
- FAT32 formatted USB drive.
Manual USB update process (ZIP file)*
*This USB update method is supported from versions 1.1.0 and higher.
1. Click your desired firmware version from the downloads section, below.
2. Load the folder onto your USB drive.
3. Rename the folder merge.zip
4. Plug the USB drive into the USB Service Port located on the ethernet/control panel on the bottom right panel of the display.
5. Open the UiQ Settings>About, then select USB Update.
6. Once a compatible USB and firmware has been detected, the Insert USB button will highlight and change to Apply Update.
7. Select Apply Update to begin installing the firmware.
8. The update process is completed once the display reboots into a usable state - DO NOT interrupt the installation until it reboots.
9. Run a Factory Reset after completing installation.
USB Firmware and release notes
Click the version number to download.
|Firmware Ver. (Click to download)
-Fixed an issue with renaming the Internal PC source via Fuse.
-Fixed an issue where the assigned Favorite Source would sometimes unassign.
-Fixed a rare issue where the display would sometimes boot into an RGB test mode.
IF YOUR DISPLAY IS ON A VERSION LOWER THAN 1.1.0, PLEASE UPDATE VIA USB.
-Added "Overlay Buttons" toggle