Firmware installation instructions
Things you'll need:
- FAT32 Formatted USB Drive
- Avocor AVW-6555 Remote Control
Checking your Firmware Version
Prior to installing firmware, you should check your current version in the display's OSD by pressing the settings key on your Avocor remote control and navigating to the Information submenu.
NOTE: Please install Scaler and SubMCU Firmware BEFORE installing IOT Firmware.
- Download the Scaler_AVW-6555_VXXX.bin file onto a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive (click here for downloads).
- Rename Scaler_AVW-6555_VXXX.bin to merge.bin (see here for details).
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB Service Port, located on the display's I/O panel.
- Open the OSD via the menu button on your Avocor remote control.
- Navigate to Adv. Settings>Firmware Update USB.
- When prompted "Are you sure?" select Yes.
- After the install finishes and the display reboots, initiate Restore Factory Default and then power cycle the unit via the A/C rocker switch near the power cable plug.
- Download the MERGE_IOT65_VXX.bin file and save it to a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive (click here for downloads).
- Rename the file MERGE_IOT.bin (see here for details).
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB Service Port located on the display's I/O panel.
- Open the OSD for the display and navigate to Adv Settings>IoT Firmware Update
- Select "Yes" when prompted to confirm installation.
- Do not turn off the display until the installation has finished.
- Once the update is complete perform a factory reset by navigating to Adv Settings>Restore Factory Default.
USB file name format
The image below shows how the renamed files should look in your USB directory.
Note: the image below is to demonstrate the correct file names, it is NOT recommended to have both IOT and Scaler files on the USB drive when upgrading either sets of firmware for your display.
Firmware and release notes
Click the version number of your desired firmware to download.
NOTE: when updating your firmware, please update both the Scaler and IoT versions for your chosen release date (ex. install both V1.12 + V32 for the 1.21.2021 release); failure to do so may cause unexpected errors.