Firmware installation instructions
Things you'll need:
- FAT32 Formatted USB Drive
- Avocor AVF-7550 Remote Control
Checking your firmware version
Prior to installing firmware, you should check your current version in the display's OSD by pressing the Settings key on your Avocor remote control and navigating to the Information submenu.
- Download the Scaler_AVF-7550_VXXX.bin onto your FAT32 formatted USB flash drive (click here for downloads).
- Rename Scaler_AVF-7550_VXXX.bin to merge.bin (see here for details).
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB Service Port, located on the display's side I/O panel.
- Open the OSD via the menu button on your Avocor remote control.
- Navigate to Adv. Settings>Firmware Update USB.
- When prompted "Are you sure?" select Yes.
- After the install finishes and the display reboots, initiate a Restore Factory Default and then power cycle the unit via the A/C rocker switch near the power cable plug.
USB file name format
The image below shows how the renamed files should look in your USB directory.
Firmware and release notes
Click the version number of your desired firmware to download.
|Release Date||Scaler Ver.||Notes|