RS232 Connection and Port Configuration
DB9 cable requirements
Configure the RS232 controller or PC serial port as follows:
|No parity||8 data bits||1 stop bit||no flow control|
Default Baud Rate Configuration by Model
IP Control Configuration
Connect your network, control system, or PC to the display's LAN port via a CAT5 cable.
Enable Network and Dynamic IP, or set a Static IP.
|Telnet (23)||Telnet (23)||Telnet (23) - AVW-5555 ONLY||Telnet (23)||TCP (4884)||TCP (4884)||N/A|
Command and Response Format
Any commands sent from an automation/control system or PC to an Avocor display must have the following format:
[STX] [IDT] [TYPE] [CMD] [VALUE]/[REPLY] [ETX] [CR]
- [STX] indicates the start of the command data (always 07).
- [IDT] is the display ID (always 01).
- [TYPE] is the command type:
- 00 = return to host (response from the LCD panel)
- 01 = read / action
- 02 = write
- [VALUE] is the parameter setting for the command.
- [REPLY] is the parameter setting for the command, acknowledged by the display in its response to a command.
- [ETX] indicates the end of the command data (always 08).
- [CR] is the ASCII carriage return key (0x0D).
Command and Response Examples
|Display Power Off||07 01 02 50 4F 57 00 08||07 01 00 50 4F 57 00 08|
|Display Power On||07 01 02 50 4F 57 01 08||07 01 00 50 4F 57 01 08|
Wake From Sleep Recommendation
The first commands you're likely to try are the Display Power Off and Display Power On commands... If you have followed this setup guide correctly, you're display will power off nicely. However, you'll find that you can't power it back up, unless you set your Wake From Sleep settings to Digital, RS232, Ethernet. In the E20, F50, and AVW series displays, this option is located under Adv Settings.
Once you're set to Digital, RS232, Ethernet, the display will now power on from "sleep mode" (aka soft power-off) using the Display Power On command.